As future counselors, what can you do to increase awareness of eating disorders? What steps can you take to ensure you are setting a good example for others? And, lastly, if you are struggling yourself, where can you go to receive help so something similar doesn't happen to you
As a future counselor one thing I think we can do is to help peoples' self-esteem. I believe that that is where most eating disorders start from. If people improve their self-esteem, it may be one step closer to helping. Listing the individual's strengths is a great way of helping.
To ensure others that I'm setting a good example, I will eat right. Maintaining a healthy diet, and exercising is a great way to show others. I am not struggling with any type of eating disorder, but IF I were, I could go to many people about it. If you have parents who would be willing (as most are) to find you help, tell them and they can get your started in the right direction. If you don't feel comfortable, go to a school counselor, or a friend. All people close to you, will be willing to get you the help you need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment